Cura HQ Limited: Terms and Conditions
Welcome to www.curahq.com (the “site”). Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully before you start to use the site, as these will apply to your use of the site. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
By accessing and/or using the site as a guest or as a registered user or by using any services arising from the site, you are deemed to accept and be bound by these Terms, therefore if you do not wish to be bound by these Terms you should not access or use the site, or use or access any services arising from it. Use of the site includes browsing or registering to use our site.
Other applicable terms
Information about us
The term ‘Cura’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Cura HQ Limited (registration number: 8056141), the owner of the site, whose registered office is 83 Bolts Croft, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3GQ. We do not have a VAT number. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our site.
Changes to these terms
We may alter these Terms at any time and without notice to you. You acknowledge that each time you access the site there may be changes to these Terms, and that it is your duty to familiarise yourself with them. If you do not agree with the version of the Terms which exists at the time of your access to or use of the site, you are not permitted to access or use the site, and any pre-existing permitted use or access is deemed automatically revoked. If you continue to access the site and services arising from it you shall be deemed to accept the then current Terms.
Changes to our site
- We may update the site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
- We provide a free service and we cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the site and its content. Whilst we try to ensure that access to the site is always available, from time to time we may decide to temporarily restrict or block access to, or use of, all or part of the site without notice and reserve the right to do so, whether for the purpose of servicing the site or otherwise. We do not warrant that the site, or any part of it, will be available at all times, and you acknowledge and accept this. We accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused, arising from any unavailability, interruption, defect or loss of access to or function of the site or any part of it at any time.
- We reserve the right to withdraw and/or amend services or content on the site without notice and we accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused, arising from us doing so.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that all the information included on the site is correct, up to date and complete, we are not obliged to identify to you any content which is incorrect, out of date, superseded or incomplete, nor are we obliged to update or correct such content. We hereby disclaim any express or implied warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the site or its content, and we accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused, arising from any information which is not correct, up to date, complete, or which has been superseded.
Permitted Use and Access
- You are permitted to use and access the site on a personal, non-commercial basis. You may not copy or make commercial use of the site or any of the content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the site without obtaining our express written permission to do so.
You may download and/or print material from the site for personal, non-commercial use, provided that:
- you do not modify any downloaded or printed documents, or any part thereof;
- you do not use any graphics from any downloaded or printed documents separately from the corresponding text;
- you do not remove copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices on any downloaded or printed document, or otherwise act in a way to cause or risk causing infringement, a weakening of, or damage to or our brand, intellectual property or business;
- you do not make available or replicate any content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the site and use it in such a way as to cause or risk causing confusion or an association as between you or your activities (or a third party or their activities) and us and our activities, including but not limited to phishing;
- you do not use any content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the site in such a way as to cause or risk causing harm or detriment to us or our business, brands or activities;
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any content;
- you do not expressly or impliedly state that we endorse or are related to or responsible for any products or services which are not our own;
- you do not misrepresent your association or dealings with us;
- you do not present, disseminate or make available any false or misleading information about us;
- you do not use the material or act in a manner so as to associate or risk associating us with any content which is or might be harmful, including without limitation material which is offensive, threatening, obscene, abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and
- you do not use the site or any of its content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, the site, in any manner which is associated with or for the purposes of hosting, disseminating, or propagating malicious software or code, including but not limited to viruses, malicious script, spyware, Trojan Horses or worms.
- Subject always to the same restrictions which are set out in clause 6.2(a)-(k) above, you may create links to the site, whether via social networks or otherwise, provided that you do not create a frame, browser or other border environment around the site.
- You may not misuse the site, or any information, imagery or data from or underlying it, for or in connection with any unlawful or criminal purpose, including but not limited to hacking, phishing, or other intrusions or attempted intrusions or unlawful use of information or data.
- If you do not comply with your obligations set out in these Terms, or otherwise act in a way which we consider, at our sole and absolute discretion, to be inconsistent with our continued provision of services to you, we may revoke the rights granted to you in clauses 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3, and we reserve the right to take any further action which we consider to be appropriate.
- You indemnify us to the fullest extent possible for any loss or damage suffered by us which arises out of or in connection with a breach by you of clauses 6.1, 6.2 and/or 6.3.
Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights both in and to Cura and in the site, and in the material published on the site. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- If you generate intellectual property rights through your use or development of our site or the services arising therefrom, those intellectual property rights shall be owned by us, and at our absolute discretion, we may call for our legal and beneficial ownership of such to be documented or evidenced in writing by you.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the site must always be acknowledged.
No reliance on information
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability of the information found or offered on this site for any particular purposes, including where users have posted information for the purpose of performing tasks created by communities operating via the site. We expressly exclude liability for any inaccuracies or errors in such information to the fullest extent permitted by law. This includes where technical errors mean that a task has not been taken up by a community member but such task has been listed as “taken” on the site.
- The use of information on our site by you or an individual that your community is helping is entirely at your/their own risk for which we shall not be liable. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the information and services available through our site meet the specific requirements of you or any relevant third party.
Limitation of our liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- Please note that we only provide the site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the site, or to make contact with other users of the site, you must comply with the content standards set out in clause 6 of these Terms.
- If you intend to set up a community to help another individual, you must obtain the consent of that individual to do so and obtain their consent before displaying any of their personal details, including contacts details, on the site. We encourage you to limit such personal information to what is strictly necessary to ensure that community tasks can be completed. Please be aware that information relating to a person’s health is highly sensitive, and that their permission will be required if you plan to share it with others. Therefore we recommend that be as general as possible when posting such information, and include only what is strictly necessary. Please encourage all community members to comply with these recommendations.
- You warrant that any contributions you make comply with clause 10.2. You agree that you will indemnify us for any breach of that warranty and you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the site.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on the site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with these Terms.
- The views expressed by other users on the site do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that the site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site. You must not attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the site will cease immediately.
Linking to the site
- Where the site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We are not responsible for the accuracy or content of these websites or resources, and any links we provide does not mean that we are connected with or endorse the related website, resource or information. Those websites or resources may have their own terms, conditions and policies, and it is your duty to ensure that you comply with them. We accept no liability, no matter how that may be caused, for any failure on your part to view, comply or familiarise with any such terms, conditions and policies.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Data Protection & Privacy
- We use traffic log cookies to collect anonymous information to assist us in understanding our users’ browsing patterns on the site. This information may be used in statistical reports on website activity.
- We will never store any personal information in cookies which third parties could read or understand.
- We will never track your use of the internet after you have left the site or other websites owned or operated by us.
We reserve the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic into and out of our domains for the purposes of security, ensuring compliance with these Terms, and detecting criminal activity.
If any of these Terms is declared to be unlawful, invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, this will have no effect on the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms, and shall be replaced by an enforceable provision which reflects the closest position to that intended by the unlawful, invalid, void or unenforceable provision.
- These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute relating to or arising out of these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting the site.
Lasted updated: 15th July 2013